visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Testor's Dull Coat vs Rustoleum Matte Clear

In the Dueling Sheds instructions, there's a part about spraying certain components with Testor's Dull Coat. I don't have any of that and there are no hobby shops anywhere near me. I do, however, have plenty of Rustoleum Ultracover 2x Matte Clear on hand. Is there any reason that would not work as well?

Thanks -
John

Comments

• Not sure what a red horse is and why it works for art but....

The Matte finish should be fine. If there are any issues email me and I will be happy to send a replacement out.
  • Thanks - I'll give it a try.
  • Thanks - I went to the Red Horse site here - http://www.redhorseartworks.com/red-horse-artworks-blog/category/spray-finishes - to read the interesting comparison between finishes. There is so little to do on the sheds it probably won't make any difference but I appreciated seeing the write-up.

Cheers -
    John
  • you're gonna have so much fun building those sheds. follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. impossible to mess it up.
  • by the way....i've been using a krylon matte finish in lieu of dull cote and it works just fine.
  • I’ve used the Grumbacher matte fixative and it has a little bit more shine than Dullcoat. You can buy cans of Dullcoat at Michaels and AC Moore of you don’t have a real hobby shop nearby.
  • really? i thought dullcoat went out of production a couple three years ago. i'll have to check it out, thanks.