visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Hi and Help

Hi Brett was nice enough to add my to the group. My father was a huge train collector. Unfortunately he passed away before he could build any of the SW Kits. After 5 years I am now going thru his collection. I recently sold a Backwood Working Train HO Kit. Little did I realize the instructions was not in the box. Being a nice person I told the gentleman I would see if I could locate a copy. And so here I am. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that someone is able to save me. Does anyone have their instructions still? If so would you be willing to help me out? If not, any other ideas?

Comments

• I have good news and bad news....I have the Backwoods Work Train and if Brett says it’s okay for me to make a copy I’ll do it, that’s the good news.... the bad news is I’m in Virginia and the kit is in Florida. I won’t be returning to Florida until the middle of September. So, unless someone else can help before I’m able to, that’s the best I can do. Let me know if you don’t find it anywhere else
    Terry
  • I am good with a copy of the manual in this specific instance.
  • edited August 2020
    Thank you so much.. I would really appreciate your help.
  • I have the Backwoods Work Train in my closet. I would be happy to help if needed.
  • JohnM2104 that would be wonderful if you could help. I am sure the gentleman who bought my kit would be very happy.
  • No problem, how do you want to proceed? I opened up the box last night and the construction manual is 11" x 6 1/4 so scanning it is probably not the best option. I can go to Office Max and have them do it and staple it together so it looks better. This will make your customer happier I'm sure as many modelers are quite particular about their instruction manuals.
  • Thanks Ed, I would appreciate someones willingness to do the same for me. Many years back I misplaced my Foss' Landing construction manual and it took me 5 years to find it downstairs once I wanted to go back to work on the kit!
  • edited August 2020
    Thank you so much John. I will reimburse you for the cost of making a coping and the shipping plus a little extra for the time. I really do appreciate it. You can email me directly for payment and mailing address
  • I once bought a craftsman kit that had no directions at all. The store that sold it to me wanted to charge me for the directions. I don't think so. I was able to find someone to scan and email the directions. Much appreciated, nice job John
  • I will go have the copy made tomorrow.
  • I had an interesting experience at Office max today regarding copyrights etc. Kudos to Brett for his immediate response with the counter guy. The copy should be finished today.
  • I’ve written 3 books about Vietnam and when someone asked to have a few pages copied at a printer I always email a permission letter...most times they won’t copy if they see a copyright symbol
    Terry
  • Again thank you so much for helping me out. Completely forgot about the copyright issues. Thank you Brett for allowing this!
  • Kelly, I sent you an email yesterday but I have not heaqrd back from you. Please check your spam folder. Also, Office Max finally finished the job today (not yesterday as promised) but I was unavailable so I need to pick it up tomorrow.
  • Kelly, I have the manual and will go to the PO today if you send me your mailing address etc. I'm still waiting for your email.
  • Kelly, don't post your address here, email it to me and I will forward it to John.
  • That's right Brett, and that's why I've been waiting for her return email.
  • Thank you. I just responded to your email John. It was lost in a sea of ebay emails.....
  • Kelly, your package went out on Friday and you will receive it soon. I will email you the particulars.
  • I sent you a message...you can have the original if you want mine...just message me your address..

Alan
  • Already taken care of thanks