visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

There is a Blue Sky in Vt.

edited May 2020 in HO Scale Builds
Hi Everyone.
My build from the last month or so.Everything was done with Pan Pastels the only paint that I used was tan and dark brown from camo spray can.

The shingles are stained with silverwood.I am not a writer so a lot of pictures. .........Carl...........

P1020022

P1010798

P1020048

P1020047

P1020051

P1020023

P1020032

P1020070

P1020008

P1020049

P1020035

P1020036

P1020034

P1020072

P1020076

P1020073

P1020042

P1020016

P1020093

Comments

• A work of art. Beautifully done!

Jerry
  • Very nice. Well orchestrated mini scenes.

Rick
  • a master build. very very nice.
  • Excellent work Carl! Great job all around
  • Looks great Carl. Up to your usual standards as they say. The scenery is particularly well done. I like the dog scooting out the gate.
  • Nice use of the Pan Pastels. Never tried them myself. The gray of the main building looks wonderful.

That dog looks vaguely familiar...and that gate looks like it was recycled from an adjacent structure. Hmm...
  • Very nice model, need a bit of time to soak in all the details.
  • WOW Carl, look fabulous!
  • Great job! Nice scenery and use of details to create mini scenes.
  • What a fantastic diorama with loads of details, great mini scenes and ideas .
  • Thank's Men.
    It was a fun build for me.
    Bryan. My dogs names are Albert Brown Buster Brown Eddie Brown and Jake B so now we have a BB.
    .....Carl...........
  • First rate ... and inspirational!
  • Where to start? So much to see. Faded, weathered signage, great weathering on the shed. And more! Thanks for the pix.
  • I like the idea of not having it lineside, more versatile
  • Carl, a very nice build indeed. Thanks for sharing. I have pan pastels that I use from time to time. Phil
  • engine909 said:

Pan pastels are the easiest to use.

I guess that depends on what you are trying to do with them.
    I prefer chalks for their versatility, variability and control. I guess everything has its place, but that's just my opinion.

• I have both chalks and Pan Pastels. I use the chalks much more than I do the Pan Pastels for the reasons Karl stated. Each has its place though.

Rick
  • awesome work Carl. I love seeing a kit I designed over 30 years ago stand up today with quality modeling. Well done.
  • That 30 year old kit and instructions still beat anything else out there to this day.
    Excelent work Carl on a beautiful diorama.
  • Thank's Boss I have a few more things to do I will post a picture when done.
  • That’s beautiful Carl. No need to write when you can tell a story like that in pictures!
  • Well it has been a busy day at the Sierra West Trading Post so time to call it a day and get some rest.

P1020193

P1020168

P1020174
  • 12 o'clock and all is well.... :smile: NIce build and atmosphere you created here Carl !!.
  • Love the complete dio Carl. Everything is done to top shelf. So many scenes and details to take in. The lighting is really just right. Really love your builds Carl. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Geezerbill
  • Just went down to water the horses and what a great Blue Sky

P1020215

P1020216

P1020218

P1020221

P1020214

Have a nice Sunday. ..............Carl..............
  • Nice work!
  • Thank's Patrick.
  • Beautiful. I miss seeing hills. VA Beach is as flat as a pancake. The highpoint in town is called "Hilltop" and tops out at a whopping 25' above sea level. A better name might have been "old sand dune that got paved over".
  • Just caught this beautiful diorama, great work on an older model kit. I use Pan Pastels and chalks too, more so than paints. I guess I'll have to check in more often for viewing these great builds. Love the sky pictures, thanks for sharing.

Rich
  • Bryan.
    I live about 2,100 above sea level so everywhere I go here there is a great view.