visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

go figure (scale figure resources)

2»

Comments

• Ed,

I got mine the other day.

I haven't really looked that closely at them yet though.

I wound up e-mailing and asking them to track the package for me.
  • edited July 2020
    Has anyone tried Knuckledusters? Normally some sort of RPG, but they stock HO & O scale for model RR as well. They look to be very detailed.
  • EmeryJ said:

Has anyone tried Knuckledusters? Normally some sort of RPG, but they stock HO & O scale for model RR as well. They look to be very detailed.

i have a couple from knuckleduster, but the're all old west figures so not alot of variety. fortunately, the figure i'm using from them is a bartender that you can barely see, and that's a good thing because the figure didn't take paint very well.

• of course
  • Good info on the paint issue Kevin. I think I will try roughing up the surface with my small sand blaster first. Or a good vinegar bath etch may be in order.
  • he's fine behind the bar on the veranda. i'll never see him. there's actually two knuckleduster figures under there.veranda almost finished

the bartender and the dude in the cowboy hat leaning against the wall at the end of the bar. as i recall they both turned out looking fuzzy after priming them. i had to glop on quite a bit of paint to try and mask it. it was actually pretty bad.
  • i had a couple of email conversations with him and he is a very nice guy. i think he threw in an extra figure.
    i have one of his horses if anybody needs a horse. let me know.
  • send me your address and i'll send you a horse....
  • Oh boy, oh boy. Can't wait to get home and check the mailbox. Should arrive any day now.
  • engine909 said:

One figure had heels on his shoes.

Jerry

• i almost spit beer all over my laptop.
    jerry, are you gonna take that?
  • They arrived! About 25-30 i think. They are very good detail if my old eyes are seeing right. Price is cheap for this quality. Really wish this guy would expand into more RR stuff. He would be tops. I am having problems finding figures that just "work" for me. Loggers, miners, train guys, etc.
  • This is one of the HO figures from Knuckledusters. Excellent detail for the size.

IMG_0759

Rick
  • let us know how the painting goes.
  • kebmo said:

he's fine behind the bar on the veranda. i'll never see him. there's actually two knuckleduster figures under there.veranda almost finished

the bartender and the dude in the cowboy hat leaning against the wall at the end of the bar. as i recall they both turned out looking fuzzy after priming them. i had to glop on quite a bit of paint to try and mask it. it was actually pretty bad.

i forgot that i had a third knuckleduster figure. it's the guy carrying a bucket. that'll be minnows on the way to the boat.....
    if i'm remembering right, forrest threw the horse in free.
  • i've downloaded a tutorial. i'll email it to you if i can find it. glad mr. ed got to mr. ed.
  • Rattle can primer...dark color like black or brown. These will serve as shadows.

Use multiple coats of thinned paints to keep as much of the detail as possible.

Get base colors on then do shadows, highlights, final weathering. It's a fun process. Many figure painting tutorials available from military modelers. Below is the process I use. Below that is a face paint job that I was really happy with, though I did cheat and this is 1:35.

http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/index.php?p=/discussion/1002/painting-figures#latest

http://www.craftsmankituniversity.com/vanforum/uploads/FileUpload/16/5836.jpg
  • ed,
    i emailed a pdf of the figure painting tutorial. it's basically the same thing as bryan's figure painting tutorial.
  • i can't remember what it's called, but it's blue and brett recommended it....
  • I don't think any tape will hold pewter figures through the painting process.

It's tough drilling them. I use a .025ish bit. If you can't drill them I would suggest trying 1 of the following: Epoxy the feet to a popcicle stick. When done painting, grind or file off the epoxy. Or tightly wrap wire around the shoes to hold it in place. Paint the entire figure except shoes. When done, remove wire and paint shoes.
  • Try a dowel with a dab of hot glue......it has worked for me...
  • those war game folks take modeling figures to a whole different level. what a great idea.
    i painted six of those crappy figures i bought on ebay (100 for $10) yesterday and i still have paint on my fingers......
  • post pics, here or otherwise.
  • Hot glue is a good idea.
  • That's the guy who produced the critter driver with the bad attitude.
  • Mr Peekemup Andropov of course.

55E02234-A918-4E15-9893-CE1F621C0D97
  • peekumup andropov. yer killin' me.