visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

The ultimate critter

2»

Comments

• Those rock Brian.
  • Shame on you for hiding this little gem!...
  • Great work with lots of detail!
  • Thanks guys. It’s been a fun creative process. Basically keeping busy waiting to get the next dio started…going to be a multi structure/multi kit big ‘ol dio. Hopefully one of these critters will make it in a scene. I have a fun idea in mind with this.
  • Excellent work.....
  • WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it
  • That is really awesome, love it!
  • Those are really incredible Bryan! Keep the pictures coming please.
  • Thanks guys. This is the answer to the question "what can I do with my extra Dolbeer and logging disconnect". A bobber caboose next??
  • Great work Bryan. I am sure they were fun projects. I bet No.2 would be a challenge to engineer.
  • Very nice!
  • So I turned it into all-wheel drive. Looks like I missed the teeth on the rear/left gear. Not going back to fix that because it was such a pain to install and is not noticeable without closeups.

I'm trying to decide whether to give a weather cover on this one. Leaning towards not but I put in some posts just to mock it up. I'm going to fill up the tender with some split wood, tools, and a water pump then set it aside for a while.
    IMG_0287
  • Very ingenious and well executed modeling Bryan. Nicely finished throughout.
  • Bryan, please don't cover up all the detail with a cover.
  • Thanks Karl. Randy you are right. Leaving it as it is closely resembles the first pic in this thread and really what I was trying to accomplish.
  • Well Bryan, I for one think you accomplished your goal. nice work.
  • Great little build. Really cool modelling.
  • Thanks Joel.

I tricked out the tender a bit with a wall patch and loaded it up with water, wood, tools, etc. Added a running board on the loco to access the controls. Time to set this aside for now.
    IMG_0291
    IMG_0290
  • Is that orange wire an outdoor extension cord? LOL. Great craftsmanship!
  • Very nice!
  • edited February 2022
    Plug and play for sure. Ha. It’s a braided hose. Kind of like a fire hose. I was going to paint it but left them red. Once it is set in place I’ll secure the hose from the pump to the boiler.
  • Wonderful detailing...