visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Composit Logging Diorama

Scan0003

In the instruction manual to the Twin Mills at Deer Creek sawmill kit, Brett recommends the book "Pino Grande' by R.S. Polkinghorn as a good reference for how a mill/railroad of this type operated.

Attached is a layout from the book which shows how many of Brett's kits can be incorporated together:
Twin Mills, Loco & Service Shops, Donkey Repair Yard, Railroad Camp, Watertank & Storage Shed, Logging Camp Main Street, and Logging Camp Essentials as well as a few others.

What a diorama that would make. At the speed I model, I'd end up having my care giver finishing up the collection.

Great job of continuity Brett has done

Terry

Comments

• Thanks for the picture, Terry. I wound up getting a second copy of this book and would be happy to sell it to anyone interested.

Mark
  • Hi Ed,
    I have two hardback editions. I picked one up not realizing that I had it already. I specifically have held it with the specific intent of passing it to another SWSM modeler.

Mark
  • You can buy used versions of this book both hard copy or paperback on Amazon
  • don't sell ed a copy until he posts pictures.....
  • If anyone is looking for a Logging Camp Essentials kit....let me know....
  • Hi Ed. I did a quick check on Amazon and eBay. The book is in good solid condition. How does $30 + shipping sound? If that's too steep, send me a message and we'll dicker.
    :)
    Mark
  • Received my copy of the book today and it is one of the best I have seen on logging.