visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

Completely Unofficial O-scale Truck Repair build for Poets and Losers

Comments

• edited August 2019
    Jay just took over the company and introduced his invention.. One must be a madman working on a project like the Sawmill. And I do try to show some three dimentional poetry in my work... :wink:

I am interested...........
  • Robert, if you were not a poet, we would likely not be friends. Nobility of spirit is what I find most imprortant in people. Some kind of poetry next.
  • trust me, there's interest....
  • It is going AMAZING!
  • Be so kind to share some pics of your progress. Always nice to see how others build these kits. Always something to learn... :wink:
  • Robert, so true!
  • Lads, I had a vision last night LATE. Stay tuned!
  • What bits am I missing? I'm embarrassed to say some SW kits got mixed together. It has been a while. Is there a kit list? I have the instructions, of course.

IMG_6860
  • Lots more resin castings of the usual stuff (barrels, wooden boxes of junk, crates, etc. Looks like you have most everything else.
  • I have BOXES of that stuff.
  • Eric,

The SWSM truck repair kit is a great kit and a favorite of mine. Glad to see you are back to work on it. Looking forward to more progress photos to see how you interpret the build, aka "vision".

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Cannot really tell other than to say the main laser cut parts are there. Some of the resin castings are from O'Neills. Dig in - you'll discover what you need along the way...
  • edited January 2021
    Which wooden strips are used for the framing? There are two very similar sizes. And YES I am reading the instructions!
  • Sage advice, Brett? More like tumble weed, my friend!
  • EricMG said:

Sage advice, Brett? More like tumble weed, my friend!

Hah!!!! Go model...
  • Bad photo. Just so you know, in 1 AD Jesus was considered a loser. Think about that.IMG_7224
  • Slightly better photos.

IMG_7226
    IMG_7227
  • See? I'm following the instructions!

IMG_7228
  • HELP! What did I do wrong? Top beam not aligning with slots in verticals.

IMG_7233
  • Trying to remember, but I THINK you have all the laser cut parts upside down. The "seams" need to be toward the paper template. Try flip them all over. Like I said, this is from memory, so I may be wrong. When the tar paper goes on, you don't want to cover up all those board lines.
  • Emery is correct, check out page 14 of the manual steps 1 and 2....
  • Yup. Building it upside-down. Wicked dyslexic. Besides, I'm not using tar paper.
  • Another grinder with cord and plug AKA Joel!

IMG_5217
  • Looking pretty good overall, love building walls this way, gotta be in the mood though.
    A few things for you to fix but I'm sure you've got that covered already. Looks like a good start to me.
  • Karl, how nice to hear from you. I've missed you! Fix a few things? It is a total mess, but we shall see, right?
  • edited January 2021
    Thanks Eric, good to read you,
    indeed, we shall see, I'll enjoy watching over your shoulder.

(oh, I like those glasses in the upper right corner of the pic)
  • Karl, I was gonna say just the same thing. I have glasses like that.. :smiley:

I'm sure Eric will work this one out just nicely...
  • I realized I built everything upside-down. Then I ran out of 7" stock. Then the Maine Coon cats chewed half of it to pieces. Seems a bit cursed, but I find mistakes can lead to new understandings. Or, it will simply SUCK! I'm just killing time and trying not to lose my mind NEVER leaving our house.

Karl, I bought those frames in 1987. They were some fancy Italian guy designer—Armani. My nose starts near my eyebrows which does not make for a good fit, so I'm pretty much forced into Italian glasses.

IMG_6324
  • Above was about the last time I really went anywhere.