visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

yet another o scale railroad camp build

Comments

• Kevin. Just think about Ed in a speedo can you see him walking Satchel down the street just think about it.....Carl......
  • thanks carl. now i can't unimagine that...
  • a big thank you to the socrates of sports....
    an update:
    the warehouse walls are glued together:
    warehouse glued 1
    warehouse glued 2

warehouse glued 3

warehouse glued 5

on to the tarpaper shed....
  • Kevin, the warehouse looks great.
  • love it!
  • thanks. the little mishap under the freight doors on the right wall happened when my brush dropped to the bottom of the bottle of a/i and i didn't realize how much ink from the bottom of the bottle stuck to the brush. i'm going to attempt to soften the black with chalks. if it works i'll post a pic later today.
  • Kevin, walls look great. I have had that happen to me. Now I make sure to shake the a/i before using. You know sometimes workers mishandle freight and things get spilled. Perhaps you could make it into a scene on the final product such as a broken barrel of oil or something.
  • we got 8" of snow today. my neighbor mowed his lawn yesterday. can't even see it now. its supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow. wth?
  • Looks really good.
  • so this happened yesterday.

50s to this
  • Looks to me like a good day to stay inside and work on a SW model!
  • yeah, today all i hear is dripping.
    i ran into a dead end yesterday. the manual says remove 6 pieces of the 1 x 10 from bag 2 and there were only four in the bag so i emailed brett and requested he send me however many i'll need to finish the model.
  • Warehouse came together nicely Kevin.
  • thanks ken. once again, brett to the rescue. he'll be sending me some 1x10"s. i'm going to go forward with the boards i have.
  • spent the day in the hospital. just me, my wife, and my little 3mm kidney stone.
    i have never felt pain like that. on a scale of 1-10....it's a 12 or 13. after giving me talaudin [sic], morphine and delaudin for the pain, i was finally able to produce a urine sample and they sent me home with three prescriptions. hoping to pass the little bugger tonight.
    what a day.....
  • Best wishes
  • Ouch!...
  • Kevin, get better soon so you can get back to building SW kits!
  • here's the front wall for the tarpaper shed, preweathering and pre adding the handle to the door. the other walls are finished and it's ready to be glued up.
    tar paper shed front wall

i'll try to get pix of the entire shed weathered and glued tomorrow night.
  • looks great!
  • thanks brett.
  • Nice work Kevin.
  • thanks joel.
  • engine909 said:

I love snow.

Sure beats Kidney Stones!!!.

I believe someone else here can attest to that!!!
    And its not me!!

By the way Kevin your doing a beautiful job.

Jerry

• thank you jerry.
    i thought i would describe how the boards on the front wall got their color:
    after graining they were stained with silverwood stain from bis. once that dried i added knotholes and saw banding and hit it with the silverwood again. in my opinion, that dried too blue, so i dry brushed some gray (2 different shades) chalk on the boards. still wasn't thrilled with the color, so i scraped some of the lighter of the two wood colors (i can't give the number because the paper wrap is gone) and washed that in with alcohol and let it dry.
  • i thought i'd stage the structures for a photo op. i'm finally at the point i've been anxiously waiting for: the stone walls. the epoxy will be left to cure until thursday night, my next chance to get back to it.
    finally ready fior the stone walls
  • Looking great. I like the red upper story. Should really "pop" against the grey stonework
  • That is really taking shape. I agree about the red paint. It really adds to the presentation.
  • Looking good Kevin. Coming together nicely.
  • Yep I agree for sure, gonna be a great color combination!