visit sierrawestscalemodels.com

MY LOGGING CAMP ESSENTIALS

Comments

• Really nice job on the station Steve. Let us know where you are going to put it on the layout. Phil
  • statin looks excellent. my only "observation" is that the legs of the platform seem too clean.
  • edited January 2019
    Wow !!! times seven for seven great photos of a well executed build. The overall coloring and weathering of the siding is well done and prototypical looking. Can also see your passenger station peeking out in several of the photos. Nice color and style match. Dynamite layout!

Question. Is that pass through at the end of the station the location of a scale ?

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Thanks everyone for your comments on the station. The pass thru is the baggage handling area.
  • Steve,

Thanks. That makes sense.

Later, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Hey Stephen, sweet build on that structure my friend...and you were concerned...ha, nicely done.
  • Nice work Steve, love the weathering and the colouring is great - looking forward to the next instalment.
  • edited January 2019
    Well done,Steve....and just like Ken, the next build that you express worry or concern, well I’ll just say “ya right” ;-))
    Terry
  • Thanks Ken and Terry, but I did have concerns and I was able to solve the problem!!!!!!!
  • Hey Steve,

That station looks great. Can’t wait to see how it fits into your layout.

Thanks for sharing!
    Alan
  • Thanks Alan, how is your project going?
  • Here are final photographs of my logging camp essentials. I will not be placing them in the diorama as shown in the manual, but they will be placed in the sawmill area on my layout to fill in areas that are void.

DSCN4568
    DSCN4570
    DSCN4573
    DSCN4574
    DSCN4576
    DSCN4577
    DSCN4581
    DSCN4582
    DSCN4585
    DSCN4586
    DSCN4587
    DSCN4590
    DSCN4592
    DSCN4594
    DSCN4596
  • Steve, looking great. I would love to see where you end up putting them. It sure is a nice collection of buildings. Phil
  • Steve. Looks like you have been working 24/7 great job, The layout will look outstanding. ...............Carl.................
  • They all look fantastic Steve, great construction and finishing on everything. Wonderful work, thanks for sharing these great structures with us.

Karl.A
  • Just incredible, Steve...well done
    Terry
  • Steve,

I am an O-Scale modeler and am not familiar with this structure. What structure is this?

SierraWest Logging Camp Essentials SDrees

Add to that I found SierraWest late in the game.

If possible could you show pictures of all sides of the structure from a lower perspective?

Thanks, Dave S. Tucson, AZ
  • Steve, this is all so well done. The rusted tank on it's platform is extremely good. The darker part shows 'decades' of spilling. The shingled roof has a great color on it as have the walls of that edifice. Same for the smaller shed. Wood color is very well succeeded. As all the rest of us following your thread, I am very looking forward to the placement of these buildings on your layout.
  • Very nice. These will make nice additions to your sawmill scene.
  • Wonderful work, your usual high standard!. Please show us the buildings once they are integrated into your sawmill diorama.
  • Thanks for the encouraging comment everybody. Dave, this is the cook house for the logging camp. I also am looking forward to the placement on the layout and it should fill the sawmill area very nicely.
  • Most excellent Stephen. Love the Fuel Depot!...so nicely done. Where are the final pics of the Rigging Shed?...holding out on us! Beautiful work all around, can't wait to see them planted.
  • I agree with Ken, really excited about seeing this come together. All the parts are beautifully done.
  • Thanks Ken and Joel, There are pictures of the rigging shed without the details in an earlier post. I can't add details to the rigging shed until I have it set in place on the layout.
  • Steve, Love he oil stains on the tanks, especially on the deck of the double oil tanks. The vertical tank is also weathered very nicely!
  • edited September 2020
    I have finally put together the diorama for the bunk houses to be incorporated in my layout. So here are some pictures of the diorama.DSCN5187
    DSCN5195
    DSCN5203
    DSCN5201
    DSCN5189
    DSCN5193
    DSCN5212
  • holy sh*t!
  • A joy to look at. .! Very nice.
  • Incredible....well done
    Btw...the house in the background of the first pic was for sale (I think) when I visited your layout...am I correct?
    Terry